The PADI Divemaster certification is the first level on the professional career ladder of recreational scuba diving. Working closely with our PADI Master Instructor and PADI Staff Instructor’s, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level.
PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
The Divemaster course is for those with more experience, but less time than those on our Divemaster Internships.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study.
You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
What You Can Teach
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised to:
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course.
- Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program.
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
- Independently guide Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of Open Water Diver course Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 at a ratio of two student divers per certified Divemaster.
- Accompany Open Water Diver students
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team AquaMission.
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc.
It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills. If you don’t have all of your own kit we can arrange everything you will need at great prices.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Divemaster crewpak includes everything you’ll need to start the PADI Divemaster program.
The complete set of materials includes:
PADI Divemaster Cue cards
PADI Divemaster manual
PADI Instructor manual
PADI Divemaster application decal
To take this course, you must be:
18 years old
A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
How much does it cost?
Let us know what your current diving certification level and diving agency you are certified with and we will give you a quote.
You can complete the PADI Divemaster certification as a course or an internship
For details of the cost’s and availability just send an e mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.